The Precious Metals Association of North America (formerly known as the Silver Users Association) is a 501(c)(6) a non-profit organization that was established in 1947. It represents the interests of companies that refine, manufacture, trade and distribute products in which precious metals are an essential component. The association serves as the precious metals industry’s connection to Washington D.C.
The primary goals of the association are to:
- Maintain liaison with U.S. Congress, government agencies and non-government groups;
- Monitor and report legislative, regulatory and industry activities that may affect members;
- Present members’ views before congress and other groups;
- Provide speakers at financial and industry seminars and gatherings;
- Regularly meet and provide a forum where members and guests can network, and exchange news, ideas and views about the precious metals industry and business issues that members face.